A belly-warming soup your waistline will love.
Homemade vegetable soup just got easy to prepare! It takes no more than ten minutes to incorporate all of the ingredients for this slow cooker vegetable soup. With a tomato broth, and the option of frozen or fresh vegetables added to an all-day slow simmer, a couple of servings of vegetables are served in every dish. Sometimes it’s the simple dishes that are the most satisfying, and you’ll find that’s true with this nourishing Old-Fashioned Vegetable Soup.
Homemade vegetable soup can be served alongside bread, sandwiches, or salads. Try our:
Old Fashioned Cornbread
Chicken Salad Sandwich with Bok Choy, Red Grapes, and Walnuts
Veggie and Pesto Sandwich
Gluten-free, Grain-free, Cheesy Garlic Cauliflower Breadsticks
Blackened Skirt Steak BLT Salad
Old-Fashioned Vegetable Soup
- 1 cup whole-kernel corn fresh or frozen
- 1 potato large, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 carrots sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup green beans fresh or frozen, broken into 1 inch pieces
- 1 sweet onion small, diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 1/2 cups tomato juice optional vegetable juice
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth optional water
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, stir to combine. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Be sure to like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from Skinny Ms.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.
This was absolutely delicious!!
What vegetable could I use instead of corn?
Joy, You can either omit the corn or sub with 1 cup chickpeas or black beans.
I used a tin of butter beans this time,as i realised i had no corn. I also included some mixed brown rice and or my son some meatballs 🙂
The photo shows celery in the soup but it is not listed in the ingredients.
Linda, Just added celery to the ingredients. Thanks for letting me know. 🙂
Can I add a bayleaf not sure if it would taste right
Sasha, Oh definitely! Bay leaf is good in most soups and stews. 🙂