Homemade vegetable soup just got easy to prepare! It takes no more than ten minutes to incorporate all of the ingredients for this slow cooker vegetable soup. With a tomato broth, and the option of frozen or fresh vegetables added to an all-day slow simmer, a couple of servings of vegetables are served in every dish. Sometimes it’s the simple dishes that are the most satisfying, and you’ll find that’s true with this nourishing Old-Fashioned Vegetable Soup.
Homemade vegetable soup can be served alongside bread, sandwiches, or salads. Try our:
Old Fashioned Cornbread
Chicken Salad Sandwich with Bok Choy, Red Grapes, and Walnuts
Veggie and Pesto Sandwich
Gluten-free, Grain-free, Cheesy Garlic Cauliflower Breadsticks
Blackened Skirt Steak BLT Salad
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1-1/2 cups | Calories: 116 | Total Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 142 mg | Carbohydrates: 25 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4
- 1 cup fresh or frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 large potato, cut into 1" cubes
- 4 carrots, sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans, broken into 1" pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 1/2 cups tomato juice, optional vegetable juice
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth, optional water
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, stir to combine. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- *Tip: For a thicker soup: the last 30 minutes of cooking time, remove 1 cup of soup, stir in 2 tablespoons cornstarch and mash veggies with a fork. Return the mixture to the soup, stir and cook an additional 30 minutes.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from SkinnyMs.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.