Every busy cook loves having a selection of one-pot or one-pan entrees during a busy week. Well, our One Pan Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops make the perfect addition to that list of go-to entrees! These pork chops get sweetness from apples and honey, while the onions and broth add a savory touch. Finally, cinnamon and cloves add a delightful, yet subtle spice.
Whip up this recipe with only one pan, so you can relax after enjoying it! It also goes great with our Crock Pot Baked Sweet Potatoes for a doubly easy meal.
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 279 | Total Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 290mg | Carbohydrates: 18g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Protein: 18g | SmartPoints: 9
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless lean cut pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 green apples, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Rinse pork chops in cool water and pat dry with paper towel. Season both sides with salt and ground clove.
- In medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium heat. Once hot, add pork chops. Cook each side until golden brown and pork chops are cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan and add apples and onion. Cook for a few minutes until soft, then add broth and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Continue cooking over medium high heat until the liquid has evaporated. Quickly mix in honey and spoon mix over pork chops. Serve and enjoy!
Other easy pork recipes to try:
What’s your favorite one-pan entree? Share with us in the comments section!