Pack up this protein-packed sandwich!
A sandwich is always a great option to have on hand, whether you put it together at home, or take it on the go! This potato frittata sandwich is packed with protein. Plus, slices of lean ham and low-fat cheese enrich the taste. Add some fresh lettuce for crunch and fiber, and your sandwich is perfect!
Potato frittatas are common egg dishes in Italy, and they can be eaten cold or warm. They are usually taken to picnics because they are easy to transport and eat. They’re real crowd-pleasers among kids and adults!
Potato Frittata Sandwich
- 2 potatoes medium, peeled and sliced
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 whole-wheat bread buns or 8 slices of whole-wheat bread
- 4 lean ham slices nitrate-free, Boar's Head is a good choice
- 4 cheese slices low-fat
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves large
- Over high heat, in a pot with boiling salted water, cook the potatoes for 10 - 15 minutes or until tender. Drain when they are cooked and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan with olive oil, distribute the potatoes evenly and cook for about a minute until they color. Pour the egg mixture. When the bottom side is cooked (you will know when it slides easily), turn it by transferring it to a saucepan cover or a plate.
- Slide back the frittata in the saucepan to cook the other side.
- When the frittata is cooked, divide it into 4.
- Prepare each sandwich by filling it up with a lettuce leaf, a slice of the frittata, a slice of ham and cheese.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you enjoyed this recipe, then you will like these other sandwiches too:
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.