The tangy vinaigrette adds a fruity touch
Kale is the latest power food on the market these days, and it’s not without reason. This leafy green is loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber, but it’s also super low in calories at about 10 per cup. This raw kale salad recipe is full of crunchy apples and sautéed onions, and topped with a sweet and slightly tart raspberry vinaigrette. If you like tender greens, try baby kale leaves, but any variety of the dark leafy green will do. Instead of using iceberg lettuce in your next salad recipe, try this kale salad with raspberry vinaigrette. You won’t be disappointed.
Did you know that kale is a superfood?
Raw Kale Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 2 kale leaves large bunches, washed, stemmed, and chopped
- 1 crisp apple cored and sliced
- 1 red onion small, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
Raspberry Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, apple slices, onion, and almonds. Toss well to combine.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar or other container with a lid. Shake the container vigorously until dressing is well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to eat, toss the salad with the dressing and serve immediately.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
To learn more about superfoods, try our list of 50 Superfoods: The Ultimate Shopping List.