Don’t you love a hearty, savory breakfast? This one uses what’s left from last night’s rotisserie chicken dinner, resulting in no waste and easy prep! This recipe is an individual stove to table pan breakfast, so if you have a small saucepan that is the size of a regular dish for each person at the table, serve directly from the pan! If you don’t have enough pans, just separate the food by portions in the big saucepan to serve. Because rotisserie chicken is already cooked with seasoning, there’s no need to add additional flavor. Just warm it up while the potatoes are cooking. This is a perfect weekend brunch to enjoy.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4th of total recipe | Calories: 333 | Total Fat: 15 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 261 mg | Carbohydrates: 47 g | Dietary Fiber: 7 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
- 4 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 whole red onion, half sliced and other half coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups sliced cooked rotisserie chicken
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved or 1 big tomato, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon & 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- This recipe calls for 4 servings in individual saucepans that you can take straight from the stove to the table. If you don't have small individual saucepans, just use one large saucepan to accommodate all 4 servings.
- On medium heat, in a saucepan with 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, sautè the potatoes. When they are almost cooked, add the chopped onions. Cook the potatoes until they are cooked through and toasted outside.
- In another medium saucepan, over medium heat, pour the remaining extra virgin olive oil. When it's hot, cook the eggs. Sprinkle the 1/8 teaspoon salt. Meantime, go back to the other saucepan while waiting for them to cook.
- In the large saucepan with the potatoes, push the potatoes on one side. Sautè the remaining sliced onions in one side of the saucepan, tomatoes in another side and the chicken in another side. Cook for about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
- When the eggs are cooked, put them on top of the chicken and potatoes.
- Sprinkle the parsley.
- Serve while hot.
More savory breakfasts to choose from coming your way!
Don’t miss out on the latest from SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.