Salads are great for our health, and we’re always on the lookout for new ingredients and ways to put together healthy and delicious salad dishes. This time, we combined marinated feta with some simple, fresh herbs and regular salad that you can find at your local market. Feta is the protagonist in this salad, and when marinated with fresh herbs, it becomes even much more flavorful. You will love this simple Mediterranean salad dish.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 278 | Total Fat: 24 g | Saturated Fat: 7 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 29 mg | Sodium: 261 mg | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 7 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
- 4 cups (or more) salad leaves
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces marinated feta, cubed (see recipe below)
- 7 ounces feta, cubed
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 cup olive oil (adjust amount, making sure that the feta is completely submerged)
- In a sterile mason jar, place the feta inside carefully (they crumble easily).
- Add the thyme, bay leaves, lemon zest, and peppercorns.
- Pour the olive oil inside and fill it up until the feta cubes are completely covered.
- In a salad bowl, toss the salad leaves, onions, tomatoes, olives, extra virgin olive oil, and salt.
- In the individual salad plates, place the mixed salad then carefully add the marinated feta.
If you liked this salad, we have more amazing recipes in store for you:
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.