A fiesta with every bite!
Your taste buds will celebrate this warm pot of bold flavors and chewy textures. This Slow Cooker Fiesta Chili Supper calls for clean ingredients like red bell peppers, chili powder, chipotle, and lime to capture the traditional flavors and colors of Mexico. Lean ground turkey packs a protein punch and savory, tender flavor. Corn kernels deliver juicy crunch, adding veggie excitement to the dish.
You can never go wrong with a warm pot of chili on a busy night. This slow cooker dish spices up your ordinary chili recipe, making it a fiesta with every bite!
Slow Cooker Fiesta Chili Supper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 15 ounces red kidney beans can, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels frozen
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 chipotle chili from can, minced with seeds
- 2 tablespoons sauce from can of chipotle chili
- 1 lime cut into wedges, for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium skillet cook ground turkey just until it loses its pink color. Drain any fat and add to the slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with lime wedges to squeeze into chili, if desired.
- Optional topping ideas include nonfat sour cream or Greek yogurt, chopped cilantro, or scallions. Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What dinner recipes would you like to see featured on Skinny Ms.? Let us know!