Get your fruits and veggies in one delicious dish!
Spinach combines perfectly with pears and walnuts in this classic salad. If you prefer, apples can be used instead of pears. This recipe accommodates all sorts of substitutions – a handful of berries can be tossed in if desired! Plus, the vinaigrette is super easy to prepare. Tip: tossing pears or apples in lemon juice prevents them from browning.
Other salads you might like:
- Classic Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Grilled Eggplant and Zucchini Salad
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Summer Vegetables
Spinach Pear Walnut Salad
For the Salad
- 1 pear chopped and core discarded (not peeled)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons feta crumbles
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Toss the pear with the lemon juice to coat. In a salad serving bowl, toss together the baby spinach, the pear, and feta and walnuts.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl. Pour into the salad and toss to coat.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss any summer salad recipes from Skinny Ms. If you enjoyed this Spinach Pear Walnut Salad, be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter.
Also, make sure that you check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes and clean eating tips.
This salad looks wonderful! What a great combination of flavors for the fall or any time…tthanks for sharing!
Jodee, You're welcome!
Thank you for posting these healthy snacks. I appreciate it.
What is the white stuff on top?? Is it Feta Cheese? I don’t see it listed in the recipe.
Loretta, Yes it’s feta. I added it to the recipe as it was inadvertently left off.