Spinach combines perfectly with pears and walnuts in this classic salad. If you prefer, apples can be used instead of pears. This recipe accommodates all sorts of substitutions – a handful of berries can be tossed in if desired! Plus, the vinaigrette is super easy to prepare. Tip: tossing pears or apples in lemon juice prevents them from browning.
Other salads you might like:
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 170 | Total Fat: 13 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 34 mg | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 9 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints: 7
- 1 pear, chopped and core discarded (not peeled)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons feta crumbles
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Toss the pear with the lemon juice to coat. In a salad serving bowl, toss together the baby spinach, the pear, and feta and walnuts.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl. Pour into the salad and toss to coat.
Don’t miss any summer salad recipes from SkinnyMs. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.