Spinach combines perfectly with pears and walnuts in this classic salad. If you prefer, apples can be used instead of pears. This recipe accommodates all sorts of substitutions – a handful of berries can be tossed in if desired! Plus, the vinaigrette is super easy to prepare. Tip: tossing pears or apples in lemon juice prevents them from browning.
Other salads you might like:
- Classic Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Grilled Eggplant and Zucchini Salad
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Summer Vegetables
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 170 | Total Fat: 13 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 34 mg | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 9 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints: 7
- 1 pear, chopped and core discarded (not peeled)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons feta crumbles
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Toss the pear with the lemon juice to coat. In a salad serving bowl, toss together the baby spinach, the pear, and feta and walnuts.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl. Pour into the salad and toss to coat.
Don’t miss any summer salad recipes from SkinnyMs. If you enjoyed this Spinach Pear Walnut Salad, be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter.