Imagine waking up to the perfume of fresh mint first thing in the morning. You might find yourself jumping right out of bed if you had this fragrant breakfast waiting for you. Adorned with fresh and plump red strawberries, this breakfast yogurt, is a treat for the eyes and the mouth. The delicate floral and fruity tastes of the ingredients combine beautifully in each spoonful. You will love it as much as we love this simple floral and fruity addition to our breakfast recipes!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup | Calories: 167 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 7 mg | Sodium: 56 mg | Carbohydrates: 31 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 19 g | Protein: 7 g | SmartPoints(Freestyle): 7
- 3-1/2 cups Greek yogurt, low-fat
- 1/3 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 3-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- In a small saucepan combine mint leaves, maple syrup, and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Pour syrup through a fine sieve into a medium mixing bowl. Allow to cool and refrigerate until chilled or overnight.
- Combine 1/2 cup chilled mint syrup with yogurt. In another large bowl, mix the strawberries with 1/4 cup syrup. Distribute the mixed yogurt into 6 individual bowls then top them with the strawberries.
- Serve immediately.
- Retain the remaining mint syrup for other desserts.
We have more exciting recipes with yogurt: