Perfume your breakfast yogurt with mint simple syrup!
Imagine waking up to the perfume of fresh mint first thing in the morning. You might find yourself jumping right out of bed if you had this fragrant breakfast waiting for you. Adorned with fresh and plump red strawberries, this breakfast yogurt, is a treat for the eyes and the mouth. The delicate floral and fruity tastes of the ingredients combine beautifully in each spoonful. You will love it as much as we love this simple floral and fruity addition to our breakfast recipes!
Easy Mint Yogurt with Strawberries
- 3 1/2 cups Greek yogurt low-fat
- 1/3 cup mint leaves fresh, packed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups strawberries fresh, hulled and chopped
- In a small saucepan combine mint leaves, maple syrup, and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Pour syrup through a fine sieve into a medium mixing bowl. Allow to cool and refrigerate until chilled or overnight.
- Combine 1/2 cup chilled mint syrup with yogurt. In another large bowl, mix the strawberries with 1/4 cup syrup. Distribute the mixed yogurt into 6 individual bowls then top them with the strawberries.
- Serve immediately.
- Retain the remaining mint syrup for other desserts.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We have more exciting recipes with yogurt:
Breakfast Yogurt Parfait To Go
Creamy Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
Lush Lemon Frozen Yogurt
Peach Shortcake with a Honey Greek Yogurt Topping
Tzatziki Yogurt Sauce
8 Interesting Ways to Use Greek Yogurt
We have a lot of interesting recipe and tips in healthy living at Skinny Ms. Don’t miss out on anything by subscribing to our newsletter.
Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.