Want fresh tips on shedding pounds and inches? You can make positive changes by incorporating small tweaks into your lifestyle. Learn the top 5 ways to lose weight fast so you can see and feel the difference.
1. Eat every meal on a salad plate.
Larger plates trick people into serving larger portions—and that will sink your weight loss goals fast! Instead, serve all your meals on salad plates, which usually run about 7-9” in diameter. Chances are good you’ll naturally stick to smaller portions so you consume fewer calories over time. Our Skinny Plate Challenge is a good way to get started.
2. Eat meals and snacks more slowly.
It takes the brain about 20 minutes to process an “I’m full” signal from the stomach. When you eat more slowly, the brain has time to process that signal, so it can tell you to stop eating before you become overly full. Here are two ways to slow down:
- Chew each bite more thoroughly. In one study, researchers found that people who took about 40 chews per bite of food consumed 12% fewer calories than when they chewed 15 times per bite .
- Put your utensils down on the table between each bite. It’s a small action, but placing your fork, spoon, or knife back on the table after every bite can also help slow down the eating process.
3. Don’t drink calories.
You may be adding hundreds of additional calories to your diet daily from beverages, whether it’s lattes, sodas, or sports drinks. Cut out drinks sweetened with refined sugar. Don’t be fooled by artificial sweeteners either. Even though they’re not adding calories, they have a negative impact on the metabolism, making it harder to lose weight and keep it off. Instead, to lose weight fast stick to plain H2O or beverages lightly sweetened with natural ingredients. Ginger Mint Detox Herbal Tea and Strawberry Lemonade are delicious choices.
4. Boost your healthy fat intake.
Not all fats are bad for your weight. Some fats actually support healthy weight loss. For example:
- Coconut oil contains lauric acid, which makes it harder for the body to store fat cells. Learn 6 Reasons to Eat a Tablespoon of Coconut Oil Daily.
- Salmon and other cold water fish are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which fight the inflammation that slows down the metabolism. Dig into Salmon Teriyaki with Snow Peas.
- Avocados offer monounsaturated fats, an excellent source of energy and natural appetite suppressant so you lose weight fast. Try them in Avocado & Chicken Wrap.
5. Always eat veggies first.
This simple weight loss tip can have a big-time impact on your waistline. No matter what meal you’re eating, dig into those veggies first. Vegetables are low in calories and high in fiber, and when you consume them first you’re less likely to over eat the rest of the meal. Green salads or sliced veggies are great choices for filling up on vegetables. You can also start your meal with dishes like Flush the Fat Away Detox Salad or Quick & Easy Cauliflower Stir Fry.
It’s always the right time to tone and tighten! Visit SkinnyMs. Fitness for the workout resources and tips you need to feel fab in your skin.