These baked potatoes are heavy on flavor but light on cals!
Having a summer barbecue doesn’t have to mean high calorie, fattening foods. Opt instead for clean-eating recipes that are full on flavor without the extra calories, like these satisfying Twice-Baked Potatoes! They’re easy prep and only 104 calories per serving. We love these cheesy potatoes with barbecued chicken and Southern Style Sweet Tea.
- 4 baking potatoes large, rinsed and scrubbed, recommend russet
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain, fat-free
- 1 tablespoon milk low-fat
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese reduced-fat, shredded
- 1 tablespoon green onion thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a fork, pierce potatoes once on each side, about 1/2" deep. Rub the outside of each potato with olive or canola oil, about 1/2 teaspoon per potato. Sprinkle a little kosher or sea salt on potato skins. Place potatoes on a cookie sheet and bake until tender, approximately 1 hour.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the potato and place in a medium mixing bowl. Leave a thin layer of potato behind to prevent skins from tearing. Add 1/4 teaspoon paprika, black pepper, salt to taste, yogurt, milk, 1/2 cup cheese, and green onion to potato. Use an electric mixer or potato masher to combine ingredients.
- Evenly divide potato mixture into shells, sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and paprika. Return potatoes to the oven and bake 15 minutes.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms