Power your weight loss with healthy protein dishes!
Pump up your weight loss with a nutrient that’s the perfect addition to your better-body menu. Dig into these 14 high-protein entrees designed to help you lose weight.
Protein is an essential nutrient the body needs to carry out all sorts of functions. It acts as the building block for blood and bones, but it also plays an important role in muscle development. Muscle tissue burns more calories than fat; when you have more muscle, the metabolism is naturally higher.
High-protein foods also satisfy the appetite, filling you up so you’re less likely to overeat at meals or reach less-than-ideal snack options, like chips or processed sweets. The dishes below fit the protein bill perfectly. We’ve include recipes that include lean protein sources, including a few vegetarian dishes.
14 High-Protein Entrees to Help You Lose Weight
1. Hawaiian Chicken Casserole | 25 grams of protein per serving
Treat yourself to island flavors with this entrée, made with lean chicken breasts and whole wheat bread crumbs.
2. Black Bean Superfood Burgers | 14 grams of protein per serving
If you’re eating meat-free, this bean burger is a yummy way to nourish the body with plant-based protein. It gets an added protein boost from superfood quinoa.
3. Slow Cooker Chicken and Spring Vegetable Quinoa | 26 grams of protein per serving
High-protein entrees designed to help you lose weight, like this one, are a smart way to satisfy your appetite and your waistline. This creamy dish includes peas, green beans, asparagus, and delish pesto.
4. BBQ Chicken Foil Packets | 39 grams of protein per serving
Prepping a healthy entrée doesn’t come much simpler than this dish, which incorporates just five ingredients.
5. Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash | 44 grams of protein per serving
When you need to satisfy your cravings for buffalo wings, put this dish on your menu. IT’s made with homemade ranch dressing and low-fat cheese, plus nutrients like fiber and potassium.
6. Pan-Seared Salmon with Thai Vegetables | 19 grams of protein per serving
With plenty of healthy fat and protein, fish entrées like this one will satisfy your appetite and help you lose weight and keep it off.
7. Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Buddha Bowl | 17 grams of protein per serving
Another of our meat-free high-protein entrees designed to help you lose weight, this delicious combination is an ideal lunchtime option.
8. Grilled Chipotle Chicken & Cauliflower “Rice” | 30 grams of protein per serving
Swap out white rice for cauliflower in this dish. The cauliflower gets pulsed in a food processor until it has a rice-like consistency. It’s the texture you want—without the empty calories and all the nutrition.
9. Quick and Easy Orange Chicken | 28 grams of protein per serving
Satisfy your takeout cravings with a flavorful entrée that contains just one gram of saturated fat.
10. Broiled Salmon with Avocado Grapefruit | 25 grams of protein per serving
Add light and fresh to your menu this week with an entrée that delivers waist-slimming healthy fats plus plenty of muscle-nourishing protein.
11. Paleo Steak with Orange Avocado Topping | 26 grams of protein per serving
Yes, you can enjoy red meat as a “sometimes” food when you’re eating to lose weight or maintain a healthy one. Indulge those cravings with this doable dish, which is made with flank steak.
12. Tuna Pepper Steak with Cucumber Sesame Salad | 41 grams of protein per serving
Don’t be intimidated by the café name. This dish is simple to prepare, so you can enjoy high-protein entrees designed to help you lose weight even on busy weeknights.
13. Balsamic Chicken Fillets over Whole Grain Pasta | 21 grams of protein per serving
There’s no reason to kick pasta off your menu when you make delicious whole grain dishes like this one. The sauce is made with fire-roasted tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and more.
14. Zucchini Lasagna | 24 grams of protein per serving
This healthy lasagna recipes uses zucchini instead of traditional pasta noodles. The protein comes from one egg and low-fat dairy ingredients, including creamy cottage cheese.
The Skinny Ms. kitchen is always cookin’—subscribe to our newsletter for access to our latest clean-eating recipes.