I’m having one of those crazy busy weeks: between work and extracurricular activities, I barely have time to hit the gym in the morning. There’s definitely no time to meal plan this week! It would be the perfect week to pick up take-out every day instead of following my diet plan, but that’s not very healthy! I know there are plenty of keto-friendly fast food items on the menu, I’d rather not give up just yet. Instead, this week is perfect for a 7-Day Lazy Keto Meal Plan. This plan doesn’t track–or limit–calories, but it does keep you under 20 grams of carbs every day to stay in ketosis.
This plan is great for anyone who lives a busy lifestyle but still wants to follow the keto diet. It’s also a fantastic way to get started with keto if you’re a beginner because it will kick-start your body into ketosis. With the lazy keto meal plan, simply choose a few breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and optional snacks each day. Things are even easier if you make enough dinner to have leftovers for lunch–the lazier, the better!
When you’re piecing together your daily meals, make sure the totals add up to fewer than 20 carbs. We’ve provided each recipe’s carbohydrate count for easy reference.
7-Day Lazy Keto Meal Plan
How to use this meal plan: Choose a few breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks each day. Don’t worry about counting calories at all; just keep your total daily carbs under 20 grams each day. That will keep you in ketosis, even if you’re not paying attention to any other macronutrients. If you want to save extra time, skip the lunch recipes and double up your dinner recipes. Enjoy the leftovers for lunch! Similarly, you can make a large batch of the breakfast recipes and eat them a few days in a row.
Most of these recipes are naturally keto-friendly, but if any of them contain prohibited foods (like honey or breadcrumbs), feel free to make some ingredient swaps! If you have any questions about how to make ingredient substitutions, we’d be happy to answer them in the comments below.
Keto Breakfast Options
- Skinny Spinach and Feta Baked Egg (1g carbs)
- Souffle Omelette with Mushrooms (2g carbs)
- Greek Egg Muffins (2g carbs)
- Avocado Stuffed Deviled Eggs (3g carbs)
- Baked Kale and Eggs with Ricotta (4g carbs)
- Egg Stuffed Baked Portobello Mushroom (6g carbs)
- 4-Ingredient Protein Pancakes (9g carbs)
Keto Lunch Options
- Warm Chicken Salad Over Arugula with Creamy Dill Dressing (5g carbs)
- Tuscan Salad with Mixed Greens and Lemon Caper Vinaigrette Recipe (6g carbs)
- Connie and Ted’s Celebrity Salad (10g carbs)
- Grilled Shrimp and Radish Chopped Salad (10g carbs)
- Crunchy Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad with Creamy Dijon Dressing (10g carbs)
- Moroccan Chicken Salad with Chimichurri Dressing (10g carbs)
- Smoked Salmon with Asparagus and Egg Salad (8g carbs)
Keto Dinner Options
- Super Easy Pork Tenderloin With Garlic and Rosemary (0g carbs)
- Low-Carb Loaded Cauliflower Casserole (5g carbs)
- One-Skillet Chicken and Broccoli Dinner (5g carbs)
- “Melt in Your Mouth” Italian Baked Chicken (5g carbs)
- Skinny Mississippi Pot Roast (6g carbs)
- Paleo Zucchini and Turkey Skillet Dinner (8g carbs)
- Balsamic Glazed Whole Roasted Cauliflower (10g carbs)
Keto Snacks (optional)
- Skinny Bell Pepper Nacho Boats (4g carbs)
- 30-Minute Buffalo Cauliflower Bites (6g carbs)
- Mushroom Parmesan Bites (7g carbs) (omit the bread crumbs)
- Crispy Broiled Green Beans for Snacking (8g carbs)
- Skinny Cheeseburger Boats (9g carbs)
- Beet Chips with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce (9g carbs)
- Cauliflower Nachos (9g carbs)