Start eating lighter with this delicious fruit & veggie salad.
With warmer weather, new bounties of fresh vegetables and salads are starting to grace our tables. After a long and cold winter, we’re all ready to shed our heavy clothes for lighter ones and change our diets for fresher and lighter dishes using more vegetables. To start with, here is a knockout combination of grilled vegetables and fruit dressed with Dijon mustard vinaigrette that you can easily make in your own home in a flash. Welcome to deliciously light clean eating!
Grilled Asparagus, Green Apple, and Zucchini Salad
- 12 asparagus spears
- 2 green apples sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced lengthwise
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- Over medium-high heat, on a stovetop griddle, electric griddle, or a barbecue grill, grill the asparagus, apples, and zucchini until they both sides have the grill marks. Let them cool.
- While waiting for them to grill, prepare the mustard vinaigrette.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk the extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Adjust the taste. When the mixture is well combined, add the shallots. Set aside.
- Arrange the grilled ingredients on the serving plate and pour the vinaigrette right before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More clean eating recipes to choose from:
- 3 Easy Vinaigrette Recipes For Slimming Summer Salads
- Tomato, Mozzarella and Arugula Salad
- Cleanse and Detox Superfood Salad
- Goji Berry Superfood Granola
- Clean Eating Blueberry Jam
- Clean Eating Jalapeño Popper Mac and Cheese
Don’t miss out on the latest from Skinny Ms. Subscribe to our eNewsletterso you won’t miss anything. Follow us in our Facebook and Pinterest pages and be up to date with the latest recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
What you think is important to us. Please don’t forget to leave a word or two at the comments section below.