With warmer weather new bounties of fresh vegetables and salads are starting to grace our tables. After a long and cold winter, we’re all ready to shed our heavy clothes for lighter ones and change our diets for fresher and lighter dishes using more vegetables. To start with, here is a knockout combination of grilled vegetables and fruit dressed with Dijon mustard vinaigrette that you can easily make in your own home in a flash. Welcome to deliciously light clean eating!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 142 | Total Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 24 mg | Carbohydrates: 9 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 12 asparagus spears
- 2 green apples, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Over medium - high heat, on a stove top griddle, electric griddle or a barbecue grill, grill the asparagus, apples, and zucchini until they both sides have the grill marks. Let them cool.
- While waiting for them to grill, prepare the mustard vinaigrette.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk the extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Adjust the taste. When the mixture is well combined, add the shallots. Set aside.
- Arrange the grilled ingredients on the serving plate and pour the vinaigrette right before serving.
More clean eating recipes to choose from:
Don’t miss out on the latest from SkinnyMs. Subscribe to our newsletter so you won’t miss anything. Follow us in our Facebook and Pinterest pages and be up to date with the latest recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
What you think is important to us. Please don’t forget to leave a word or two at the comments section below.