Living a gluten free lifestyle? Then stop what you’re doing and take note! We have 26 gluten-free snacks and meal ideas that are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Post this list to the refrigerator for a quick reference.
SkinnyMs. recently released The New Quinoa Recipe eBook featuring scrumptious dishes like, Enchiladas Verde, Asian Stir-Fry and even Apple Crumb Cake…all made with what might be the world’s most perfect food, Quinoa. Be sure to check it out here.
- Banana Apricot Smoothie – Just grab a few fresh apricots, peel and toss into your blender with one whole banana, add organic soy or hemp milk along with ice! Yummy treat that can be made very quickly.
- Baked Quinoa Potato Croquets – Cook 1 cup of quinoa as directed and add one fully cooked and mashed potato, once quinoa is completely done. Add onions, oregano, thyme, and whatever other fresh herbs you desire. Add salt and pepper to taste (optional). Mix together and make small patties. You can dip the patties in gluten free breadcrumbs if you like! Place on a cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy! Feel free to add any other diced vegetables to this suggestion to make the perfect croquet for your family!
Gluten-Free Frittata with Kale
- Olive Oil as needed
- 2 cups Kale chopped
- 1/4 cups carrot shredded
- 2 cups gluten-free spaghetti cooked
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- 5 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plain soy milk
- dried basil to taste
- dried oregano to taste
- kosher salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add the chopped kale salad. Stir until wilted a bit. Add the leftover spaghetti pasta. Stir lightly to combine. Heat through gently. Remove from heat.
- Using tongs, arrange the spaghetti and kale in the bottom of the pie plate. Scatter half the vegan mozzarella shreds over the pasta.
- Beat the eggs with the soy milk until frothy. Season to taste with dried basil, oregano, nutmeg, sea salt, ground pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture all over the spaghetti and kale and allow the liquid to seep in. Sprinkle with the remaining shredded vegan mozzarella. Sprinkle chopped chives on the top and add a whisper of ground nutmeg, if desired.
- Bake on a center rack for 35 minutes – until the frittata is set and golden in color. Check the center for doneness with a fork, if you like. Allow the pasta frittata to cool for a few minutes before serving (this makes it much easier to slice).