Believe it or not, you can have a healthy meal without turning on the oven! These meals may look like they have “snack” written all over them, but the truth is, many healthy snack foods are also great meal components, too.
To figure out how much to eat, try estimating each serving to be about the size of the palm of your hand.
1. Almond butter spread on whole-wheat toast and carrot sticks. Almond butter is super yummy, and it’s also packed with body-loving ingredients like monounsaturated fats, vitamin E, and antioxidants.
2. Pita bread, hummus, and grapes. This easy, Mediterranean fare may look like snack food at first, but it actually has protein, fiber, and vitamins that make up a snazzy lunch or quick dinner as well.
3. Low-fat cottage cheese with sliced peaches. Low-fat dairy like cottage cheese provides your body with protein and calcium, while the peaches give you good fiber and vitamin A.
4. Salad greens with water-packed tuna. This fast and simple salad combo could make a great work lunch. Try topping it with a light and flavorful vinaigrette, like our Lemon & Oil Dressing.
5. Whole grain crackers, string cheese, and apple slices. Do your kids like eating snack foods better than eating dinner? Skip the guilt and put together the right snack foods for an instant meal.
6. Strawberries, bananas, and peanut butter yogurt dip. You’ll feel like you’re having dessert when you try this combo, which is actually good for you.
7. Rolled turkey breast, feta cheese, and cherry tomatoes. In addition to being a good source of protein, turkey contains selenium, which helps aid thyroid and immune system function. Tomatoes are a good source of vitamin C as well. Here are some Paleo- Friendly Meaty Veggie Roll-Ups that are also excellent.
8. Greek yogurt with granola and berries. Everyone loves a parfait, and this healthy parfait makes a great meal in a snap.
9. Veggie crudité and all-natural ranch dip, with some almonds. When in doubt, pull out the veggie tray and munch away! Add a couple handfuls of almonds before or after to give you the protein you need.
10. Trail mix with nuts, pumpkin seeds and dried fruit. Trail mix is a great staple to have on hand for a quick snack or light meal.
11. Hard-boiled eggs (cooked ahead of time), cantaloupe slices, and a whole-wheat roll. Make hard-boiled eggs ahead of time to keep on hand in the fridge for lunch or breakfast on the go.
12. Tomato, Mozzerella and Arugula Salad. Transport yourself to southern Italy with the light and fresh flavors of this simple salad.
13. Fruit smoothie. Sip your meal with a smoothie that’s full of nutrition. For smoothie combo ideas, take a look at our Coconut Banana Green Smoothie, Superfoods Smoothie, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie.
For more no-cook food options and snack ideas, take a look at 50 Clean Eating Snacks.