Ready to snack yourself into a healthier lifestyle? Whether you’re already living a clean eating lifestyle or you’re looking to make small but significant changes, non-processed, nutrient-rich snacks are a smart and tasty way to meet your goals. Add these 17 clean eating snacks under 150 calories to your menu planning.
Don’t be fooled by the “healthy” snacks you see on store shelves. Processed snacks have pretty packaging with labels that say “whole grain” or “added vitamins,” but they also contain additives your body can do without. Extra ingredients often include added refined sugar, fat, and sodium.
Be wary of “no added sugar” labels on snacks, too. Manufacturers sometimes swap out refined sugar for artificial sweeteners, which can alter the metabolism and contribute to weight gain. When you choose clean eating snacks like the recipes below, you benefit from unsweetened or naturally-sweetened foods that don’t weigh you down with calories or artificial ingredients.
1. Skinny Watermelon Sorbet | 86 calories per serving
Blend frozen watermelon and lemon juice and you’re just minutes away from a satisfyingly sweet delight.
2. Skinny Bell Pepper Nacho Boats | 145 calories per serving
Indulge in guilt-free Tex-Mex flavor with this low-carb snack. It’s perfect for serving at get-togethers.
3. Pizza Zucchini Boats | 116 calories per serving
Scooped-out zucchini forms the “crust” in this crowd-pleasing snack.
4. Spinach and Artichoke Quiche Cups | 80 calories per serving
We skinnified a classic recipe for a snack you can enjoy entirely guilt-free. It’s perfectly-portioned and incorporates low-fat ricotta and egg whites.
5. Healthy Chipotle Potato Skins | [TBD] calories per serving
Sink your teeth into this low-calorie creaminess, featuring savory spices and tangy balsamic vinegar.
6. Tomato and Basil Bruschetta | 107 calories per serving
A whole wheat baguette sets the stage for this delicious, easy snack recipe.
7. Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Cups | 118 calories per serving
These perfect portions are almost too cute to eat…almost! This recipe isn’t just cute and tasty—it also offers protein and plenty of nutrients.
8. Zucchini Blondies | 118 calories per serving
Enjoy this just-the-right-amount-of-sweet snack with a cross between zucchini bread and a blondie.
9. Raspberry-Peach Sorbet | 86 calories per serving
With no refined sugar or artificial ingredients, clean eating snacks like this one deliver superfood goodness you can enjoy any time of year.
10. Tzatziki Yogurt Sauce | 18 calories per serving
You don’t need to say goodbye to dip when you want to live a healthier lifestyle. We used Greek yogurt and whole foods like cucumber to create a guilt-free dip for your fave veggies or whole wheat crackers.
11. Baked Zucchini Fritters | 87 calories per serving
Clean eating snacks like this one allow Mother Nature’s fantastic flavors to shine.
12. Stuffed Mushrooms | 146 calories per serving
Bella mushrooms create a hearty snack that’s high in nutrition and low in fat.
13. Skinny Strawberry Yogurt | 107 calories per serving
With just two ingredients and all the taste your sweet tooth craves, this super-easy recipe will satisfy every snack hound in your house.
14. Asian Chicken Wrap | 123 calories per serving
Switch up a ho-hum snack menu with this Asian-inspired recipe, which includes mushrooms, water chestnuts, cabbage leaves, and more.
15. Quinoa (Meatless) Meatballs | 145 calories per serving
Sink your teeth into this healthy alternative to traditional meatball recipes.
16. Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cups | 69 calories per serving
A chocolate-peanut butter snack with fewer than 70 calories per serving…need we say more?
17. Skinny Strawberry Ice Cream | 116 calories per serving
Greek yogurt is the perfect base for creamy clean eating snacks like this one, which doesn’t require an ice cream maker.
Reboot your body in 30 days! Check out our SkinnyMs. Clean Overhaul 30-Day Weight Loss Program.
Love the tasty treats? Have some delicious ideas to share with the SkinnyMs. community? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else you’d like to see on the site.