Slow cooker dishes are popular in the fall and winter, on those chilly nights when you begin to crave a warm and comforting meal. Most turkey chili recipes use ground turkey, but this one uses slow cooked turkey breast that is shredded and combined with high fiber chickpeas for a slow cooker chili that is different, healthy, and definitely delicious.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: about 1 cup |Calories: 385 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 30 mg | Sodium: 365 mg | Carbohydrates: 50 g | Dietary Fiber: 14 g | Sugars: 12 g | Protein: 33 g | SmartPoints: 10
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (6 ounce) can diced green chilis
- 3-4 cups (lefover) turkey breast, cut into large chunks
- 2 cups chicken broth, optional water (add 3 cups for a thinner chili)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional garnish)
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 4 - 6 hours. Add chopped green onions for garnish if desired.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.