Warm up your nights with this hearty chili.
Slow cooker dishes are popular in the fall and winter, on those chilly nights when you begin to crave a warm and comforting meal. Most turkey chili recipes use ground turkey, but this one uses slow cooked turkey breast that is shredded and combined with high fiber chickpeas for a slow cooker chili that is different, healthy, and definitely delicious.
Slow Cooker Turkey and Chickpea Chili
- 1 onion small, diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes cans
- 15 ounces chickpeas can
- 6 ounces diced green chilis can
- 3 to 4 cups turkey breasts leftover, cut into large chunks
- 2 cups chicken broth optional water (add 3 cups for a thinner chili)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper fresh
- 2 green onions chopped (optional garnish)
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 4 - 6 hours. Add chopped green onions for garnish if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out anything on Skinny Ms.
Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.