Warm up your nights with this hearty chili.
Slow cooker dishes are popular in the fall and winter, on those chilly nights when you begin to crave a warm and comforting meal. Most turkey chili recipes use ground turkey, but this one uses slow cooked turkey breast that is shredded and combined with high fiber chickpeas for a slow cooker chili that is different, healthy, and definitely delicious.
Slow Cooker Turkey and Chickpea Chili
- 1 onion small, diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes cans
- 15 ounces chickpeas can
- 6 ounces diced green chilis can
- 3 to 4 cups turkey breasts leftover, cut into large chunks
- 2 cups chicken broth optional water (add 3 cups for a thinner chili)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper fresh
- 2 green onions chopped (optional garnish)
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 4 - 6 hours. Add chopped green onions for garnish if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.