Ginger boosts blood circulation and has anti-inflammatory properties, making it especially good for diabetics and those with joint pain. But did you know that it also aids in weight loss? It’s a digestive aid, stimulating digestive secretions and helping to move food through the intestines. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, ginger can be great for PMS relief, and it’s also a known treatment for motion sickness!
The 5 following recipes contain ginger:
20. Carrot Apple Ginger Soup A velvety, pureed soup that’s creamy without any cream, this is a surefire way to stimulate digestion. And it’s yummy, too!
21. Lemon Ginger Detox Drink Lemon can cleanse the digestive tract and combines here with ginger for a totally detoxifying drink.
22. Slow Cooking Polynesian Chicken A little ginger adds spicy sweetness and eases the digestion of this filling, flavorful chicken!
23. Healthy Lemon-Ginger Sparkling Water Again, ginger and lemon combine their cleansing and digestive qualities, but with a little bit of bubbles this time. Using mineral water can lend you extra trace minerals.
24. Pomegranate Banana Ginger Blast Antioxidants, electrolytes, potassium, and more, are combined with all of the healthful properties of ginger. This is a fabulous smoothie, and we have a few more smoothie recipes listed in the smoothie category below!
Oats are a quality grain that keeps insulin controlled, and stabilizes blood sugar. Eaten as oatmeal in the morning, you’ll start yourself off with a steady release of energy from this fibrous grain. We have a variety of delicious oatmeal recipes to jazz up your morning breakfast routine, including these seven:
25. Overnight Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oats Wake up to a bowl of pumpkin pie, getting all the nutrients of pumpkin and helping achieve your weight loss goals!
26. Peanut Butter and Honey Oat Bars Nuts and oats come together to build muscle and shed those pounds!
27. Slow Cooker Almond Blast Oatmeal Tastes like candy, but it’s actually healthful. Almonds are a great weight loss food!
28. Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Steel Cut Oatmeal Mmm. This dish has all of the antioxidants of chocolate, a bit of weight loss power from the caffeine in the chocolate, and the great texture of steel cut oats.
29. Oatmeal Blueberry Protein Pancakes Lean protein, oatmeal, and antioxidant-rich blueberries start the day right.
30. Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Apples and cinnamon combine in this delicious oatmeal.
31. Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal Love that smell of mall cinnamon rolls, and crave the flavor? Start your day with it!