Smoothies can be excellent vitamin and mineral-rich additions to your diet. Smoothies are often better than juices for weight loss, because they contain all of the fiber of the fruits or vegetables contained, as opposed to juices, which strip out a lot of the fiber, leaving only sugar behind. As you probably well know, fiber is great for weight loss, slowing the absorption of sugars in the blood stream, and keeping you satiated longer.
44. Super Detox Green Smoothie This smoothie is so cleansing, and a great way to start the morning.
45. Mediterranean Smoothie Beet and spinach combine with banana, mango, and ginger! An ideal way to get veggies in a sweet smoothie.
46. Big 5 Superfood Smoothie The positive health effects of apple, grapes, ginger, kefir (in our next category) and green tea combine in one super yummy smoothie.
47. Quinoa Banana Berry Smoothie Get the protein power of quinoa in this creamy, sweet smoothie.
48. Wake Me Up, Keep Me Going Smoothie Green tea and chia seeds combine with frozen grapes, avocado, spinach, kale, and bananas, for one creamy, dreamy, energizing weight loss smoothie.
Yogurt and Kefir
Last, but certainly not least, yogurt and kefir are full of probiotics, or good bacteria, which aid in digestion, helping in the breakdown of food into nutrients.
49. Skinny Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip Combines filling, high-protein peanut butter and nonfat creamy yogurt for a yummy dip.
50. Skinny Strawberry Yogurt Make a homemade yogurt combining strawberries and yogurt.
51. Gluten-Free Blueberry Pancakes Kefir can take the place of buttermilk for some added probiotics in your blueberry pancakes!
52. Blueberry Lemon Scones with Kefir It’s okay to indulge once in awhile on the path to weight loss with one whole wheat scone made with berries and kefir.
Here are some other foods and ingredients that promote weight loss:
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite tasty recipe for weight loss? We’d love to hear about it. Fill us in by leaving a comment below.