Mix things up on taco night by swapping beef and chicken for deliciously seared shrimp. Layer the shrimp with crisp romaine lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, and low fat Greek yogurt on fresh tortillas. You”ll enjoy every refreshing and delectable bite!
Make these tacos a full meal by incorporating a complementary side dish, such as our Skinny Mexican Rice or Quinoa with Black Beans. If you’re craving something sweeter, Tropical Fruit Salsa would also be a scrumptious topping for these shrimp tacos. If using, omit the chopped tomatoes, any taco sauce, or tomato salsa. The tropical salsa doesn’t go so well with tomatoes.
Yields: 6 tacos | Serving size: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 282 | Total Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 95 mg | Sodium: 535 mg | Carbohydrates: 33 g | Dietary fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 16 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 1 pound medium cleaned shrimp
- 6 (8 inch) whole wheat tortillas, our recipe for Whole Grain Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon Skinny Ms. Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fat free, plain Greek Yogurt
- In a large skillet cook shrimp over medium-high heat. Add Taco Seasoning and water, stir to combine and cook just until the shrimp turns pink and most of the water is evaporated, or for about 6 to 10 minutes.
- Divide meat mixture evenly onto tortillas, top with diced tomatoes, lettuce, avocado and yogurt. Fold over tortillas and serve. If desired, serve with salsa or taco sauce. Serve with limes on the side for squeezing onto tacos.