A sweet and simple recipe guaranteed to satisfy
With quick and easy cooking in just one skillet, this Sweet Potato and Turkey Skillet meal is an absolute must in the kitchen. It’s a perfect solution on a rushed day when you want to serve up something healthy and yummy without the fuss. It calls for sweet potatoes, a nutrient-rich food full of Vitamin A and Vitamin C, among several other vitamins that are incredibly beneficial. This dish also has you covered in terms of delivering protein thanks to the lean turkey, which comprises half of the dish! It’s simple to whip up, and an ideal meal the whole family will enjoy. Enhance the meal with some warm wholewheat bread, wholegrain rice, quinoa or barley for a complete, nutritious and definitely delicious dinner!
Sweet Potato and Turkey Skillet
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion medium, minced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 sweet potatoes medium, diced into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 sage leaves fresh, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese part-skim, grated
- Over medium-low heat, in a large saucepan with extra virgin olive oil sautè the onion until tender, about 4 minutes. Add the turkey, break up with a fork, and cook it is no longer pink. Drain off any fat. Add the sweet potatoes, cumin, sage, salt and pepper. Stir and cook until potatoes are tender but not falling apart, approximately 5 - 10 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes are tender, sprinkle the mozzarella on top, cover then turn off the heat.
- Wait until the cheese melts before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More One-Skillet Dishes:
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out anything on Skinny Ms.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.