No treadmills, no ellipticals, and no stair climbers. Lose pounds and inches using HIIT workouts and clean recipes.
Do you want to shed pounds and inches, but hate spending hours on the treadmill? Do you dislike the exercise bike, the elliptical machine, and the stair climber? We’ve got you covered! This 3-week weight loss plan requires no treadmills or cardio machines. Instead, it will help you lose weight using high-intensity interval training, or HIIT.
HIIT is a training style that alternates between bursts of high activity and short rest periods. The breaks keep you from burning out, meaning that you can exercise more intensely for longer periods of time. The rest periods won’t give your heart enough time to completely slow down. This elevated heart rate boosts your metabolism, torching calories and pounds. Recent research shows that your metabolism can remain elevated for up to 24 hours after your workout.
By combining HIIT with a clean eating plan, you achieve the perfect recipe for weight loss. Below you will find a calendar with 21 days of workouts and a clean-eating guide with 21 days of weight loss recipes. If you’re ready to tackle this challenge, follow along with our workout calendar and meal plan for a total body transformation.
What You’ll Need: Light and medium dumbbells; a gym mat or beach towel; an interval timer (free times are available as an app download)
What to Do: Complete the assigned workouts each day.
The Meal Plan
During the 21 days, we encourage you to follow a clean-eating eating plan. This means no fast food, deep fried food, or added sugar. Your diet will play an important role in helping you lose pounds & inches. You have several dietary options. You’re encouraged to check out our meal plans, such as this 21-Day Flat Belly Meal Plan. You can also mix-and-match the following clean meal ideas.
Download the 21-Day Lose Pounds & Inches Calendar:
1. Greek Yogurt with Choice of fresh berries
2. Scrambled Eggs or Egg Whites with a sprinkle of Salt & Pepper
3. Skinny Protein Breakfast Frittata
4. Salmon and Sun-dried Tomato Frittata
5. Individual Egg & Spinach Bowls
6. Clean Eating Refrigerator Oatmeal
7. Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal
8. Peanut Butter and Fresh Berries on Toast
Lunch & Dinner:
1. One-Pot Black Pepper Chicken
2. One-Skillet Chicken and Broccoli Dinner
3. Cauliflower Stir-Fry with Choice of Protein (Chicken, turkey, or tofu)
4. Flatbread Veggie Pizza
5. Chicken, Broccoli, and Asparagus Stir-Fry
6. Slow Cooker Everything Chicken served on spring mix or with a side of veggies
7. Skinny Burrito Bowls
8. Southwestern Spaghetti Squash
9. Zucchini Noodles with Creamy Red Pepper Sauce
10. Skinny Quinoa Stir-Fry
When making recipes at home, always check your serving sizes. Make sure you’re not overeating by having too much in one meal. You can browse through more recipes here.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Leave us a comment below.