One of our favorite summertime activities is creating recipes with ingredients from our spring garden. After all, everything seems to taste better when it’s fresh-picked. Our Classic Cucumber & Tomato Salad allows us to use and combine all the juicy tomatoes and crunchy cucumbers we can muster, straight from the vines. This recipe is perfect for backyard barbecues or for a quiet lunch on the deck. We like to keep the recipe as pure as possible by using local balsamic and honey for the perfect combination of tangy and sweet.
Be sure to also try some of our other SkinnyMs. salads, like:
Yields: 5 servings | Servings: 1 cup | Calories: 66 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 38 mg | Carbohydrates: 7 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints: 3 |
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, slice in half lengthwise
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh Dill
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, I used White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard (I used Grey Poupon Country Dijon)
- 1 teaspoon honey or pure maple syrup, optional
In a large salad bowl combine cucumbers, tomatoes and onion. Whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over cucumber mix, toss to coat. Serve immediately.
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE CLEAN EATING MENU PLANNER!
Looking for more delicious and nutritious recipe ideas? Check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection.