Slim down with these tasty dishes.
So which recipes for weight loss will be on your menu this week? If you’re not sure, then this is a good place to start. We’re sharing 21 weight loss recipes that will help you shed pounds and look slimmer.
The most effective recipes for weight loss don’t come from a box on the grocery store shelves and they don’t come from a packaged frozen “healthy” entrée. Instead they’re made with whole, clean eating foods filled with vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. These are the recipes that will help you lose weight and keep it off for good.
But there’s more to these meal ideas than the fact they’re lower in calories and nutrient dense. The reality is we won’t eat what doesn’t taste good. Once you start choosing clean-eating recipes, like the ones below, you’ll find it allows the natural flavor of these foods to shine through—no excess sugar, no heavy salt, no chemical aftertaste.
As you prepare and enjoy these recipes for weight loss, always check the recommended portion size. One of the biggest mistakes to make when losing weight is overeating—even when the food is healthy. Keeping tabs on portion sizes helps ensure you’re not consuming too many calories.
1. Lean Green Protein Smoothie Bowl | 269 calories per serving
2. Protein Egg & Tomato on Toast | 268 calories per serving
3. Sweet Morning Breakfast Quinoa | 307 calories per serving
4. Healthiest Greek Salad | 215 calories per serving
5. Slow Cooker Balsamic-Glazed Chicken Breast | 259 calories per serving
6. Chicken Pesto Pizza | 208 calories per serving
7. Crockpot Low-Fat Beef Stew | 264 calories per serving
8. 6-Ingredient Chinese Chicken | 190 calories per serving
9. Protein-Packed Black Bean and Lentil Soup | 248 calories per serving
10. Vegetarian Panini | 219 calories per serving
11. Soft Chicken Tacos | 296 calories per serving
12. Skinny Lasagna Rolls | 240 calories per serving
13. Herbed Salmon with Broccoli Bulgur Pilaf | 308 calories per serving
14. Asian Style Beef & Broccoli | 218 calories per serving
15. Slow Cooker Texas Chili | 267 calories per serving
16. Garlic and Herb Beef Roast with Potatoes | 263 calories per serving
17. Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia| 255 calories per serving
Tilapia recipes are delicious when served with a salad or healthy side dish.
18. Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Chicken | 246 calories per serving
19. Jalapeno Lime Tuna Salad | 297 calories per serving
20. Slow Cooker Everything Chicken | 224 calories per serving
21. Slow Cooker Chicken Curry | 309 calories per serving
If you have a favorite recipe on Skinny Ms., let us know by sharing in the comment section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published Apr 29, 2015