Eating shouldn’t feel like a chore, which is why we work hard at SkinnyMs. to bring you easy, healthy recipes. But even we know that sometimes, no matter how elaborate and flavorful it is, having only one type of food on your plate can feel bland. Here, we’ve listed ways to combine SkinnyMs. dishes so you can make a balanced meal with less than 400 calories. Next time you’re planning dinner, take a look at these delicious low-cal dinner and side dish combos. Of course, feel free to mix and match. Who says you have to pick just one? With this list, you’ll never have to make the same meal twice!
1. Honey Dijon Glazed Salmon & Garlic Mashed Cauliflower (394 calories)
It’s a classic meat-and-potatoes approach, without the meat and potatoes! Because this duo uses nutrient-heavy salmon and delicious low-cal cauliflower instead, it’s super skinny and packed with nutrients.
2. Skinny Spaghetti Squash with Marinara & 4-Ingredient Roasted Broccoli (393 calories)
Since this vegan-friendly pairing replaces processed wheat pasta with spaghetti squash, it’s low-carb and delicious. So, you can eat clean without sacrificing flavor! Meanwhile, broccoli provides a bunch of vitamins and minerals.
3. Chicken Lettuce Wraps & Cauliflower Stir Fry (297 calories)
Preservative-heavy Asian flavors can be really tempting. Well, skip the takeout, because you can have a full meal with less than 300 calories. This dish is packed with nutrition, especially when paired with a creative cauliflower stir-fry alternative.
4. Walnut Crusted Chicken Breasts & Green Beans and Tomato Salad (340 calories)
5. Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Skewers & Cilantro Lime Sweet Potatoes (356 calories)
6. Carolina Style BBQ Chicken Skewers & Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Cherry Tomatoes (220 calories)
There’s nothing like the tangy, juicy taste of classic Carolina-style barbecue. Paired with shredded Brussels sprouts and cherry tomatoes, it’s hard to believe this meal is still less than 300 calories. You could even go for seconds!
7. Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Chicken & Fresh, Hearty Salad (375 calories)
When you don’t have time to wait for your oven, get out your slow cooker. This delicious dish uses a slow cooker to turn a classic appetizer into a healthy entree, so you can tackle your busy day. After you throw together this salad packed with vitamins and numerous other health benefits, you’ll have a delicious stress-free dinner.
8. Skinny Lasagna Rolls & Garlic Sauteed Brussels Sprouts (336 calories)
Never skip out on pasta night again. Since these skinny lasagna rolls are full of all the satisfying flavors you crave, you won’t miss the extra calories. Garlic ties this low-cal dinner and vegetable side dish combo together, so you can enjoy a guilt-free comfort meal.
9. Slow Cooker Tamari Glazed Chicken & Spicy Roasted Cabbage Wedges (232 calories)
Don’t forget the spice! If you’re looking for something creative, serve this easy tamari-glazed chicken alongside roasted cabbage wedges. Since it also happens to be completely gluten-free, everyone can enjoy it!
Looking for more ways to eat full, healthy meals and skip the calories? SkinnyMs. has you covered, so be sure to try out the recipes below. Which low-calorie meal surprised you the most? Let us know in the comments!