Take sweet potatoes to places you never thought possible with this spicy, savory slow cooker meal! Rich in beta carotene and fiber, sweet potatoes are one of our favorite superfoods. When slowly simmered with curry, coconut, and garlic, they take on a powerful, unique flavor that’s perfect for the season.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 184 | Total Fat: 14 g | Saturated Fat: 12 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 123 mg | Carbohydrates: 15 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 1 g | SmartPoints: 9
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1" cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Add coconut oil to the slow cooker and preheat to high will preparing potatoes and garlic.
- Add potatoes, garlic, and all remaining ingredients, except coconut, to the slow cooker. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours. Recommend using a 4-6 quart slow cooker. Add shredded coconut about 5 minutes before turning off slow cooker. If desired, add additional coconut for garnish.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.