Simplify you life with easy prep dinners.
Dinnertime is approaching, and today, you need to make it quickly! You can’t spend time scouring through the pantry or running up and down grocery store aisles, in search of all of the right ingredients. Recipes with only a few ingredients can simplify and expedite your weeknight dinner! A list of recipes with 7 ingredients or less (not including olive oil, salt, and pepper) follows. We hope you love them as much as we do!
1. Roasted Corn and Black Bean Tacos – Have a meatless Monday on that busy and bustling first day of the week. Your health and your schedule will thank you!
2. Grilled Chicken and Blueberry Salad – Mix the antioxidant power of blueberries and the lean protein in chicken with some healthy greens for a light, yet satisfying entree salad. This salad can also be eaten alongside one our Skinny Ms. soups.
3. Chicken Taquitos – Yum. Crunchy baked taquitos. Top with a clean eating salsa and fat-free sour cream or Greek yogurt, and add a handful of shredded iceberg lettuce and diced tomatoes, and transport yourself to a Mexican beach vacation. This dish can also be sprinkled with a touch of Parmesan or queso añejo (an aged mexican cheese similar to Parmesan). So yummy, and so easy. These taquitos also taste delicious with chicken pozole, a spicy Mexican soup!
4. Sesame Honey Chicken – Yes, this sesame honey chicken has only four ingredients.
And yes, kids will love it, too!
5. Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese – Here’s a recipe that kids and adults will always love. Classic comfort, pure and simple. Reduced-fat cheese and dairy make it guilt-free.
6. Slow Cooker Black Beans and Chicken – Black beans and chicken equal protein and more protein! And don’t forgot the flavor. Just pop in the few ingredients needed and slow simmer while you do all of your day’s work!
7. Slow Cooker Eggplant Potato and Mushroom Curry – Warming curry and simmered winter vegetables are hearty, filling, and quick to assemble!
8. Slow Cooker Ham and Pea Soup – A simple take on split pea soup with all of the savory flavors we come to expect in one easy dish.
9. Taco Salad – Our clean eating low-fat version of taco salad brings the protein, with refried beans and lean ground turkey. Let’s just admit it. This is not really a salad, but a full-fledged, satisfying meal with all of the flavorful fixins’ we want in our tacos!
10. NY Strip with Mushroom Gravy and Caramelized Onions – Mushrooms and onions up the flavor ante on an already delicious cut of meat. Caramelizing those onions only makes this dish more savory!
11. Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken – Directions: Take under 7 delicious ingredients, put them in the slow cooker, and turn it on.
12. Chicken with Feta and Tomatoes – It’s not Greek to me! This couldn’t be a more simple meal, with just a few choice Mediterranean ingredients.
13. 2 Fast Pastas: Almond-Pesto or Marinara – A quick marinara is the most basic of pasta sauces and using almonds puts a creative spin on traditional pesto, which usually calls for pine nuts. It’s your choice, with these two recipes in one.
14. Mediterranean Creamy Fettuccine with Roasted Tomatoes – Broiling or roasting tomatoes caramelizes them to bring out their natural sweetness, which tastes amazing with the creaminess of the sauce. Sometimes it’s just a few ingredients that pair so well that make a dish sing!
15. Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Toss Recipe – Great way to toss that cancer-fighting, antioxidant-rich, superfood broccoli with some lean protein and whole grain carbs for a one pot meal.
16. Pork Sirloin Chops with Apples and Roasted Russet Potatoes – A classic combo of porkchops and apples make this meal a standout, with the addition of some lovely potatoes. Yep, that’s basically the whole recipe.
17. Shrimp in Red Escabeche by Rick Bayless – Sometimes you just need to look to a master chef for the best meals. Simple yet elegant, this classy dish will make your guests think that you toiled for hours with twenty ingredients on the stove. But guess what? You so didn’t.
18. Simply Sauteed Lemon Tilapia – “Simply sauteed” is right. With a little lemon and olive oil, this mild-tasting filet is both economical and quick to prepare.
19. Roasted Shrimp – Roasting shrimp brings out its flavor. Add a little lemon serve over brown rice or whole wheat pasta with garlic and olive oil, if desired.
20. Skinny Black Bean Flautas – Flautas are much like taquitos, crispy and flavorful. Black beans combined with whole grains or rice form a whole protein. For a meatless Monday, top with salsa and nonfat Greek yogurt, and even some shredded romaine or iceberg lettuce and diced tomatoes. Enjoy!
21. Creamy Pesto Pasta Salad – Sweet sun dried tomatoes, fresh pesto, luscious Greek yogurt are tossed with pasta to create a salad that is so scrumptious, it may just become a favorite. A classic pesto, made with fresh basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, and pine nuts blends with yogurt to coat the pasta perfectly.
Bonus Recipe! Skinny Quinoa Skillet Supper – One of the only grain-like foods that is also a whole protein, this superfood combines with other delicious ingredients for a one skillet supper. Fewer ingredients and fewer dishes make it simple to achieve a delicious, healthy meal.
For more dinners made easy, check out some of these:
Be sure to like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for even more tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources. You’ll be utilizing those fresh veggies and fruits in a variety of recipes in no time!