Ready to lose pounds and inches? We have compiled the greatest wisdom on the best healthy ways to lose weight into a simple four-step routine. The keyword here is healthy. Pay attention to your body and do what feels right. The road to lasting weight loss is paved with healthy lifestyle changes, not fad diets and self-deprivation.
To lose 10 pounds in 30 days, you’ll simply need to W.O.R.K.:
1. Work out
2. Observe portion control
3. Remove added sugar
4. Keep drinking water
Read on for details and handy links to take with you on your month-long journey to lasting weight loss!
1. Work Out
Prefer a gripping Netflix series or intriguing podcast while you sweat? Limit your watching/listening time to exercise only. You’ll have double the motivation and you’ll be on the road to your dream body.
2. Observe Portion Control
Use a salad plate (approximately 7 inches in diameter) instead of regular dinner plates. You’ll be surprised how far mind games can take you on your quest to lose weight fast! Take the Skinny Plate Challenge and watch the inches melt away.
For soups or stews, follow the 1 to 1 1/2 cups guideline.
American restaurant servings tend to be double, triple, or quadruple the size of a healthy portion. Does your serving fit in the palm of your hand? That’s a portion size! Portion your meal and save the rest. You’ll save money and calories!
Perfectly portioned recipes for weight loss:
3. Remove Added Sugar
Take the 30-Day Clean Eating Challenge. Once the 30-days have ended, consider making clean eating a lifestyle choice. This is the number one way to lose unwanted pounds and keep them off for a lifetime.
Become an obsessive label-reader! When you come across things you don’t understand (like sugar masquerading under pseudonyms) or startling high sugar content, move on. Focus on whole foods. Whole foods contain no added sugar or artificial ingredients. You may want consider doing the 30-Day No Added Sugar Challenge.
4. Keep Drinking Water
Make sure you’re drinking at least 2 liters (8 eight-ounce glasses) of water each day. Sweeten things up with some sliced oranges or other favorite fruit. We have a bounty of delicious flavored water recipes:
Morning Lemon & Mint Detox Water
Strawberry Basil Water
3 Delicious Cleanse & Detox Waters
Healthy Lemon-Ginger Sparkling Water
If you’re not a fan of drinking water, try 21 Ways To Eat Your Water instead.
Avoid processed fruit drinks (they’re high in unrefined sugar!) and flush the fat away with these high-water content, summertime crowd-pleasing beverages.
One of the easiest ways to lose weight fast is to focus on water. Even mild dehydration saps energy. Water flushes toxins and carries nutrients to your cells. It’s easy and effective. Drink up!
More tips for reaching your ideal weight:
1. Healthier items tend to hang around the perimeter of the supermarket (fresh fruits and veggies, for example). Steer clear of packaged and processed foods. Go fresh and whole.
2. Opt for lean cuts of meat or wild-caught salmon, rainbow trout, and halibut.
3. Avoid all battered and deep-fried foods!
5. Skip the alcohol or keep it to one 4- 6-ounce glass per week. Alcohol, even wine, is packed with sugar. True, the sugar in wine is naturally occurring, but it’s highly concentrated and packs on the pounds.
6. Celebrate your progress and share your results! Write down your long-term weight loss and health goals and stay inspired with SkinnyMs. stories like How I’ve Maintained my Ideal Weight for 5 Years. The more community support you have, the easier it is to stay on track.