Losing weight is difficult, no matter what time of the year it is. It seems like it’s a more challenging task during those cold, winter months. There’s less daylight, the weather is cloudy and chilly, and clothing tends to cover up more of our body’s surface area. People lose their motivation once the winter weather rolls in, more content to cuddle up under a blanket on the couch than make a trip to the gym. The pounds start to pack on as activity levels plummet and holiday indulgences happen.
This doesn’t have to be your story! The majority of weight loss happens in the kitchen, so all you need to do is get a grip on your diet during the low activity levels of winter. By eating right, you can still experience weight loss, and this 28-day winter weight loss plan is designed to help you do just that.
This is a very flexible plan. I have provided breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, and even dessert options. You can pick and choose which recipes work for you on which days. Some recipes make plenty of leftovers, too, so you can use them for lunch the next day or freeze them for later in the week.
As you follow this winter weight loss plan, make sure to stay within the recipes provided. If you want to make something outside the suggested recipes, only substitute meals with healthy options, like a protein bar, meal replacement shake, or green salad. If dining out, stick to lean proteins and healthy veggies; avoid pasta, rice, bread, and potatoes!
You don’t have to be a victim of winter weight gain! Just follow this 28-day winter weight loss plan. Eat great, feel great, and look great even in those leggings and sweaters!
Tips for Success
- Do a fridge and pantry clean-out before you get started. No sense keeping junk around that might tempt you in a weak moment! Just toss it and replace it with healthier options.
- Take your own treats to bring to gatherings or parties. You can make enough to share with everyone, but at least you’ll know you have one healthy option you can count on. Most of the snack and dessert recipes in this plan can be multiplied for a crowd!
- Make this winter weight loss plan fit into your lifestyle. If you have an extremely busy schedule and time is a commodity, pick slow cooker recipes. They usually make extras so you’ll have leftovers for meals later in the week. Here is a list of 37 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes for Weight Loss that can be substituted for any lunch or dinner option on this list.
For additional help with losing weight during the winter holidays, we have a ton of resources for you! Check out 10 Ways to Avoid Putting on Pounds This Holiday Season.Or, if you’re looking for a great workout plan, we have some advice for How to Stay Fit During the Holiday Season. Finally, lighten up those traditional heavy holiday meals with these 13 Healthy Versions of Traditional Holiday Meals.
28-Day Winter Weight Loss Plan
- Overnight Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Steel-Cut Oats
- Baked Kale and Eggs with Ricotta
- Pesto and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Easy 2-Ingredient Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Perfect Avocado and Poached Egg Quinoa Bowl
- Baked Vegetable Omelet
- Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffins
- Baked Oatmeal Casserole
- Spinach and Egg Breakfast Pizza
- Savory Southwestern Sweet Potato Waffles
- Greek Turkey Wrap
- Clean Eating Chicken Salad
- Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- Clean Eating Cobb Salad
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Salmon & Avocado Salad
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Gyros
- Clean Eating Pizza Lasagna Rolls
- Chicken Pesto Pita
- 5-Minute Prep Tex-Mex Casserole
- Skinny Turkey Meatloaf
- Easy Instant Pot Jambalaya
- Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Turkey Sausage Egg Roll Bowl
- Easy Chicken Bruschetta Casserole
- Slow Cooker Texas Chili
- Easy Beef Stir-Fry
- Skinny Salmon, Kale, and Cashew Bowl
- Slow Cooker Skinny Spaghetti
- 30-Minute Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Clean Eating Deviled Eggs
- Turkey Sausage Balls
- Spinach and Artichoke Quiche Cups
- Berry and Chia Yogurt Parfait
- 6-Ingredient Tuna Salad Stuffed Eggs
- Broccoli Cheddar Quinoa Cups
- Almond Butter and Banana Sandwiches
- Meaty Veggie Roll-Ups
- Shrimp Spring Rolls
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Apple Bites
- 4-Ingredient Protein Fudge Brownies
- Pecan Stuffed Baked Apples
- Chocolate, Fruit, & Nut Clusters
- No-Bake Almond Joy Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cups
- No-Bake Mini Apple Cheesecakes
- Spiced Chocolate and Avocado Pudding
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Poached Pears
- Clean Eating Banana Apple Bread
Subscribe to our newsletter for more tips, recipes, and articles to help you along your weight loss journey!