50 ways to eat healthy, slow cooker style!
Eating healthy isn’t always easy. More often than not, convenience involves high-calorie options. But, it doesn’t have to be that way! With a little planning, it can be easy to make quick, low-prep, meal options that are full of nutrient-dense ingredients. For example, the slow cooker is a great way to get a meal on the table without spending all day cooking. Then, all you need to do is look for some great slow cooker recipes under 299 calories to keep you on track with hitting your weight-loss goals. Luckily for you, we have a great collection of them!
Whipping up a slow cooker meal is as simple as tossing your ingredients into your slow cooker and setting it to the right temperature. You can let it cook overnight or you can set-it-and-forget-it while you’re at work. When you come home, a fully-cooked, healthy, and delicious meal will be waiting for you. So let’s take a look at our favorite 50 slow cooker recipes under 299 calories that make mealtime quick, easy, and guilt-free.
1. Slow Cooker Cheesy Spaghetti (289 Calories)
This spaghetti dish, with the sausage omitted, is traditional with a twist and won’t disappoint!
2. Slow Cooker German Schnitzel (204 Calories)
3. Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork (221 Calories)
4. Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice (170 Calories)
If you’re looking for a tasty meal that will make a lasting impression, this is the one! This dish is sure to be a family favorite and pairs nicely with a side salad.
5. Slow Cooker Eggplant Lasagna (221 Calories)
Skip the pasta and use thinly-sliced eggplant as your “noodles” in this innovative slow cooker dish. It eats just like lasagna, but you get to sneak in a serving of vegetables, too!
6. Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Risotto (177 Calories)
This risotto is super creamy, ultimately savory, and requires little to no effort to put it on the table. You’ll never make risotto the old fashioned way again!
7. Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushroom Gravy (261 Calories)
8. Juicy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast (292 Calories)
Turkey shouldn’t be reserved just for Thanksgiving dinner – it’s a protein-packed, affordable protein! This version uses the slow cooker to take the work out of it (and keep it super juicy, too).
9. Slow Cooker Herb Chicken and Vegetables (207 Calories)
10. Slow Cooker Polynesian Chicken (255 Calories)
11. Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup (149 Calories)
12. Slow-Cooker Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup (284 Calories)
13. Slow Cooker Savory Superfood Soup (157 Calories)
14. Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup (174 Calories)
15. Slow Cooker Hearty Vegetable and Bean Soup (183 Calories)
16. Slow Cooker Cream of Chicken and Rice Soup (180 Calories)
17. Slow Cooker Fiesta Chicken Soup (192 Calories)
18. Southwestern Black Bean & Veggie Soup (245 Calories)
19. Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup Recipe (149 Calories)
Minestrone soup is a comfort classic, and this version keeps the calories low by using all vegetarian ingredients. The whole-wheat pasta adds the perfect texture, along with its beneficial complex carbohydrates.
20. Slow Cooker Mediterranean Lentil Soup (149 Calories)
Lentils make the perfect quick-and-easy soup because they’re full flavored and packed with protein and nutrients. This soup is my new weeknight favorite!
STEWS & CHILIS
21. Slow Cooker Momma’s Roadhouse Chili (272 Calories)
22. Slow Cooker Chicken Chili (266 Calories)
23.Plant-Based Slow Cooker Chili Recipe (216 Calories)
There’s nothing like coming home to a bowl of hot chili! This chili goes a step further to keep you healthy by containing all plant-based, vegan ingredients.
24. Slow Cooker Chili Con Carne (227 Calories)
25. Detoxifying Slow Cooker Moroccan Stew (190 Calories)
This stew is not only hearty and comforting, but it’s packed full of turmeric. That means it’s full of antioxidant-rich ingredients that will detoxify your body.
26. Slow Cooker Veggie Pot Pie Stew (97 Calories)
27. Slow Cooker Lentil & Veggie Stew (221 Calories)
28. Slow Cooker Texas Chili (267 Calories)
29. 13-Bean Burgoo Stew (197 Calories)
30. Slow Cooker Turkey Stew (183 Calories)
31. Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Mash (111 Calories)
32. Slow Cooker Garlic and Thyme Mashed Potatoes (206 Calories)
In my opinion, you can’t have enough recipes for mashed potatoes in your back pocket. They’re creamy and comforting while bringing nutrition to the side of your plate.
33. Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce (73 Calories)
34. Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes (144 Calories)
35. Slow Cooker Homestyle Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary (179 Calories)
36. Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese (244 Calories)
37. Slow Cooker Sweet & Savory Sweet Potatoes (234 Calories)
38. Slow Cooker Southern Style Green Beans (37 Calories)
39. Slow Cooker Wild Rice Pilaf (156 Calories)
40. Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers (267 Calories)
These slow cooker stuffed bell peppers are not only beautiful, but they’re delicious and low calorie, too! They’re stuffed with healthy ground turkey and savory, no-sugar-added marinara.
41. Slow Cooker Fudge (114 Calories)
This guilt-free fudge is the perfect treat to satisfy that chocolate craving without having to worry about the calories.
42. Slow Cooker Roasted Sugared Pecans (267 Calories)
These simple slow cooker roasted sugared pecans make the perfect after-dinner treat. They deliver sweet satisfaction while maintaining their guilt-free calorie status.
43. Slow Cooker Stuffed Apples (254 Calories)
Apples make the perfect dessert because they’re naturally sweet and maintain a great texture when cooked low-and-slow. We naturally sweeten these with dried cranberries to keep the calories low!
44. Slow Cooker Banana French Toast Recipe (273 Calories)
French toast doesn’t have to be reserved for breakfast – it makes a completely satisfying dessert, too! It’s quick and easy to whip up in the slow cooker, too.
45. Slow Cooker Apple Crisp (218 Calories)
46. Slow Cooker Chocolate Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce (269 Calories)
47. Slow Cooker Honey Bananas (109 Calories)
48. Slow Cooker Pecan Pie (205 Calories)
49. Slow Cooker Cinnamon Apples (136 Calories)
A skinny treat that delivers everything to satisfy your sweet tooth! You’ll love the way the coconut sugar, cinnamon, and apples come together in the slow cooker.
50. Slow Cooker Cranberry Poached Pears (224 Calories)
Here are some great Slow Cooking Tips you should check out to help turn your slow cooker meals from good to great!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published Sep 17, 2014