It’s getting nippy outside, and nothing tastes and smells better on a cold day than something that’s been simmering to perfection in the slow cooker. Unfortunately, not all slow cooker recipes are made with ingredients that are as good for the body as they are for the taste buds. We’ve saved you the time and effort of searching for nutritious slow cooker options that don’t sacrifice taste. You can take comfort in the following list of 73 delicious and healthy slow cooker recipes. They’re the perfect choice for warming up your insides on a cold day, and they’re as good for the body as they are for the soul!
Here are 73 of the Best Slow Cooker Recipes on the web:
** Denotes Vegetarian-Friendly Options
Photo: The Realistic Nutritionist
**1. Banana Bread Quinoa (The Realistic Nutritionist). This recipe will let you enjoy all of the comforts of banana bread with the added nutritional benefits of the ancient grain, quinoa.
**2. Pumpkin Custard Oatmeal (Skinny Ms.). Satisfy the scale and your sweet tooth with this slightly indulgent morning treat created especially for Fall weather.
**3. Almond Cherry Coconut Granola (Coconut and Lime). A great alternative to store-bought cereal, this granola can be stored in an airtight container and enjoyed for several days.
**4. DIY Yogurt (Creative Green Living). Make your own yogurt, the easy way, with this slow cooker version.
**5. Easy Slow Cooker Oatmeal (Shape Magazine). This hearty oatmeal makes a great breakfast any day of the week.
**6. Cranberry Coffee Cake (Shape Magazine). This moist coffee cake, made without refined sugars, makes a great companion for your morning cup of joe.
Photo: Skinny Ms.
7. Skinny Slow Cooker Turkey Breast (Skinny Ms.). You don’t need to wait until Thanksgiving Day to enjoy this moist and tasty turkey breast recipe.
8. Korean Beef Rib Tacos with Asian Slaw (Carpe Season). Add some international flair to your slow cooker with this recipe, which is full of authentic Asian flavors.
9. Provencal Chicken and Beans (Spark People). With plenty of veggies and white beans, this chicken dish is a meal all in itself.
10. Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches (That’s so Michelle). This buffalo chicken is so tender and juicy that it pulls apart easily with a fork.
Photo: Fit Magazine.
11. Shrimp and Artichoke Barley Risotto(Cara’s Cravings). There’s no need to be intimidated by barley or risotto with this savory no-fail recipe.
12. Spicy Barbecued Chicken (Skinny Ms.). Now you can enjoy barbecued chicken year around with this clean eating version.
13. Salsa Chicken (Spark People) (use low-fat sour cream, or leave it out altogether). Another simple recipe that can be used in tacos or eaten by itself.
14. Pulled Pork with Carmelized Onions (Eating Well). This barbecued, smoky pulled pork can be used with whole-wheat rolls to make amazing sandwiches.
15.Marinara Chicken and Vegetables (Spark People). This classically Italian dish packs in extra veggies and offer a lower sodium amount than traditional recipes.
16. Lemon Chicken (Skinny Ms.). We love this slow cooker recipe because it is packed with flavor, and it is so easy to prepare.
**17. Vegetarian Chili Ole! (Taste of Home). Dump the ingredients into your slow cooker before you leave for work in the morning and come home to this rich and spicy meal!
**18. Thyme-Scented White Bean Cassoulet (Cooking Light). This vegetarian-friendly dish includes meatless Italian sausage, loads of healthy veggies, and butter-tossed breadcrumbs.
19. Char Siu Pork Roast (Cooking Light). Char Siu, the Chinese version of barbecued meat, is made healthy and easy in this slow cooker recipe.
20. Cajun Shrimp and Rice (Fitness Magazine). Add some spice to your life with this kickin’ slow cooker recipe.
Photo: 100 Days of Real Food
21. Flank Steak Fajitas (100 Days of Real Food). This flavorful flank steak is especially great for entertaining.
22. The Best Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot (100 Days of Real Food). Keep your chicken extra moist and flavorful with this slow cooker recipe.
23. Ham and White Beans (Plain Chicken). This comfort food dish is a great way to use up leftover holiday ham.
24. Thai Pork with Peanut Sauce (Prep Ahead and Dine In). Tired of traditional slow cooker recipes? Try this tasty Thai dish instead.
25. Apple Cider Pork Roast (Get Crocked). This mouth-watering pork chop recipe tastes just like the roast that grandma used to make.